Marine & Watercraft
Improving Visibility & Durability
Marine & Watercraft Applications
FSI’s optically clear, premium anti-fog coatings and coated film dramatically improve the visibility and durability of boating and marine parts and accessories. Our innovative patented high performance marine coatings improve the appearance and increase service life of your vessel; applications include windshields, boat deck and hullside windows as well as navigation systems. Our parent SDC Technologies also offers a wide range of complementary CrystalCoat™ protective hard coating solutions for marine.
- Acrylic (PMMA) known by popular brand names such as Acrylite®, Lucite®, Plexiglas®, and Perspex®
- Glass (for use with anti-fog coated film)
- PET Film & Sheet
- Polycarbonate known by popular brand names such as Lexan® and Makrolon®
- Electronics: Panel and Heads-up Displays (HUD), LED lighting
- Hullside and boat deck windows, windshields, and windscreens
- Navigation: GPS navigation systems, cockpit instrument clusters and gauges
- Exceptional optical clarity for safer driving and navigation.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, chemical, impact, and UV radiation.
- Hydrophilic, water sheeting anti-fog properties and water washable (permanent)
- Primer-free adhesion to polycarbonate substrates.
- Tintable and printable surface
- Compliant with many environmental standards
- Available in thermal cure, for dip, flow and spin applications.
- Energy conservation, protection from ultraviolet rays results in lower temperature variances required for heating and cooling.
- Protection from cleaning agents, chemical and fuel spills.
- Easy to clean and maintain, resistance to oil, dirt and corrosion.
- Tintable, easy to install and maintain, may be cleaned with common household ammonia-free glass cleaners.
- Optically clear, enabling safer driving and navigation, will not haze or discolor with exposure to sunlight.
- Printability, protective film surface can be digitally printed upon for decoration and advertising.
- Highly durable, resistant to scratches, mars, and chemical attack.
- Versatile, compatible with anti-reflective, mirror and metalizing treatments.
- Water repellant—water beads off with the added bonus of being scratch resistant.
- Delivers best-in-class abrasion resistance to polycarbonate substrates.
- Safety impact, reducing the occurrence of shattering glass. The PET film acts like a net to trap and contain shattered glass fragments.
- Excellent outdoor durability, premium UV protection and premium weatherability.
- Warranted for five (5) years, permanent anti-fog performance will not wear off, even after repeated cleaning.
- Exceptional product quality and stability, streamlining and maximizing product yields.
Contact a Customer Care Specialist to discuss a formulation that is best suited for your requirements.
Acrylite® is a registered trademark of Evonik
CrystalCoat™ is a trademark of SDC Technologies, Inc.
Lexan® is a registered trademark of SABIC
Lucite® is a registered trademark of DuPont
Perpex® is a registered trademark of Lucite International, a member of the Mitsubishi Rayon Group.
Plexiglas® is a registered trademark of Avonik, Arkema